A curb adapter provides an efficiently modified interface between an HVAC rooftop unit (RTU) and the rooftop ports or holes that feed the heating and air conditioning to and from the building. The rooftop ports are built into a raised external assembly called a curb. Many of these rooftop HVAC curbs were originally set into the roof to accommodate old HVAC units that are either no longer in production or no longer the best choice for the building’s current needs.
Our curb adapters solve that problem. We use advanced design and engineering technology to create components that route the curb discharge and intake ports to their matching ports on the HVAC unit as precisely as humanly possible for maximum heating and cooling efficiency. No matter what make or model of RTU you want to install on your rooftop curb, we can build a curb adapter to make it possible!
- Engineered and designed for proper air flow and adequate support.
- Welded construction of 18-14 gauge G90 galvanized steel for structural integrity.
- All welds are treated with a corrosion-inhibiting compound.
- Factory installed duct transitions.
- All insulation material used in manufacturing is dictated by the governing authority in the state in which the unit is to be installed and to maximize the resistance to heat transfer. Insulation is installed with permanent adhesive and spot weld technology.
- External surfaces of the adapter are designed to eliminate standing water, and corrosion.
- Adapter Flanges are turned in around the supply and return openings to keep the raw edges of insulation tucked in and out of the airstream.
- Welded name plate identifying adapter model # for future replacement.
- Label indicating unit match information.
- Gasket material
- Orders shipping LTL will be palatalized and shipped horizontally.
- .063 or .080 aluminum body
- 18 gauge 304 stainless steel body
- Lifting lugs